First, make sure to find paper napkins that are the same size and finish as a cloth napkin. Once you have those, you're ready to bring out the artist in you. Let's start with the goblet fan.
1. Open the napkin fully and set it face down on the table. Fold it in half with the open end facing you. Crease the center of the napkin by folding it into quarters. Now, open the quarter fold.
2. Make evenly sized accordion pleats from left to right. Make sure that the crease in the center folds into an accordion fold so that it will evenly sized.
3. Hold the napkin vertically and fold it up an inch from the base. Set the folded part in a goblet or glass. Spread out the accordion pleats to form a fan.
Now, here are the instructions for a diamond fold.
1. Do the same first step we did for the goblet fan.
2. Pull up the topmost layer of the napkin diagonally and fold it outwards into half, towards the left side. Do the same with the other layers of the napkin to create a uniform, layered effect.
3. Now, hold both ends of the napkin with your hands and create a two-inch fold on both ends. Place the folds under the diagonal folds so that it will look like a paper diamond. Press it firmly in place to flatten it and set it on an empty plate.
Another cost efficient option for your wedding reception table is to use customized beverage napkins. Instead of folding napkins, what you need to do is to create a personalized design and find a reliable supplier online. Regardless of which option you choose, using paper napkins for your wedding reception is a great idea to save money on your most special day.
Do you know any paper napkin folding techniques? Share it with us!